Coconut Chicken Curry is one of our favorite meals. Even with a family of ten, it always brings cheers. This is such a simple recipe to make, and doesn’t break the bank. This recipe easily fits into your keto and low carb lifestyle. You can customize this recipe as you wish, but it is fabulous as is. Sometimes we throw some bell peppers in the instant pot as well, and sometimes some extra butter or heavy cream.
Makes sure to join our free Keto Community for more recipes, meal plans, tips and encouragement.
INSTANT POT LOW CARB COCONUT CHICKEN CURRY
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 ½ tablespoons curry powder
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon white pepper
1 onion, diced
¼ cup water (if needed to deglaze)
1 (15 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 lime, zest and juice
1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
Unsweetened flaked coconut, to garnish
Chopped fresh cilantro, to garnish
- Heat the electric pressure cooker using the “saute” function until “hot.”
- Meanwhile, place the chicken into a zip top storage bag. Add the seasonings and seal the bag. Shake and mash to cover the chicken in the seasonings.
- Add the coconut oil to the pressure cooker and then add the chicken and the onion. Brown the chicken on all sides.
- If the bottom of the instant pot collects frond (baked on bits,) deglaze the bottom of the pot by adding a tiny amount of water or chicken stock and scraping with a wooden spoon.
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce EXCEPT the coconut milk over the chicken. Do not stir.
- Cover the electric pressure cooker and set the valve to “sealing.”
- Program the electric pressure cooker using the “pressure cook” or “manual” function for 7 minutes. When the cook cycle is completed, quick release the pressure.
- Once the pressure has released, remove the chicken but keep warm. Add the coconut milk to the sauce and switch the electric pressure cooker back to “saute” mode. Cook the sauce approximately 10 minutes, stirring often, until the sauce has thickened. Return the chicken to the pot and stir to coat.
- Serve alone or over cauliflower rice.
VOILA! Hope your family enjoys this Low Carb Coconut Chicken Curry recipe! Don’t forget to join our free community!