The ketogenic diet has gained popularity in recent years due to its potential health benefits, including weight loss and improved blood sugar control. However, finding snacks that fit into a keto diet can be a challenge, especially for families with kids. Our family has followed a keto diet for quite a few years now and recently, our youngest has been diagnosed with epilepsy and is on a medical keto diet. Changing your eating habits as a family is not easy, but we have seen numerous benefits that outweigh the mild learning curve. To help, we’ve compiled a list of 10 family-friendly keto snacks that are both delicious and healthy. We also have a Keto Community For Moms with more tips for families.
10 Child Friendly Keto Snacks
- Cheese and Vegetable Skewers Skewers: cubes of cheese, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber slices for a fun and colorful snack that is low-carb and high in protein. You can also add other veggies, like bell peppers or mushrooms.
- Peanut Butter and Celery: Spread natural peanut butter on celery sticks for a satisfying snack that is low in carbs and high in healthy fats. You can even mix in some coconut oil to increase the fat content.
- Baked Kale Chips: Kale chips are a crunchy and flavorful snack that is low-carb and high in fiber. Simply toss kale leaves with olive oil and sea salt, then bake in the oven until crispy. Kale not your thing? Try Cheese Whisps and dip them in sour cream.
- Hard-Boiled Eggs: Hard-boiled eggs are a nutritious snack that is high in protein and healthy fats. You can also add a sprinkle of salt or paprika for extra flavor. My kids love to melt butter over their eggs and add a drop of hot sauce.
- Guacamole and Veggie Dippers: Whip up a batch of guacamole and serve with sliced bell peppers, cucumber, and celery sticks for a delicious and filling snack that is low in carbs and high in healthy fats.
- Macademia Nuts and Berries: Mix macademia nuts with fresh berries for a snack that is high in healthy fats and antioxidants. You can also add a sprinkle of cinnamon for extra flavor.
- Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps: Tuna salad lettuce wraps are a tasty and low-carb snack that is high in protein and healthy fats. Simply mix canned tuna with mayo, diced celery, and spices, then spoon onto lettuce leaves. If you need to increase the fat content, you could add some sour cream or olive oil to the mix.
- Cucumber and Cream Cheese: Spread cream cheese on cucumber slices for a refreshing and low-carb snack that is high in healthy fats. Add some olives for additional fats.
- Deli Roll-Ups: Roll up slices of deli turkey, pepperoni, or salami with cream cheese and sliced veggies for a filling and low-carb snack that is high in protein and healthy fats.
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding: Combine avocado, cocoa powder, and tiny but of monk fruit together for a creamy and delicious snack that is high in healthy fats and antioxidants. You can also add a splash of vanilla extract for extra flavor.
FAT BOMBS are also a family favorite snack. There are so many flavor combinations with these, from savory to sweet. We definitely recommend trying a few!
There are plenty of family-friendly keto snacks that are both delicious and healthy. From cheese and vegetable skewers to chocolate avocado pudding, these snacks are sure to please both kids and adults. Experiment with different combinations of ingredients and textures to find your family’s favorites, and enjoy the benefits of a healthy and low-carb diet. If you need more ideas and even some meal plans and recipes, join our Keto Community here.