Anxiety is a common experience that can manifest in various forms such as racing thoughts, difficulty sleeping, and physical symptoms like headaches and stomach aches. There are varying degrees of anxiety, from occasional anxious thoughts to crippling anxiety. It can be challenging to manage and can interfere with daily activities and relationships. Please use discernment to know when to seek professional help. However, God’s Word should always be our first source of comfort. The Bible is living and active today and has the answers we seek.
Learn about how your gut health can impact your anxiety here.
If you prefer a printable version, I have created a printable bookmark with these verses that you can download below. I recommend using Adobe to print at actual size. The larger bookmark pictured was printed at 120% to fit in my Bible.
Follow Be Deeply Rooted on Instagram
20 VERSES TO CLING TO WHEN ANXIOUS THOUGHTS COME:
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” – Philippians 4:6
- “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” – 1 Peter 5:7
- “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” – John 14:27
- “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” – Matthew 6:34
- “Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.” – Proverbs 12:25
- “When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.” – Psalm 94:19
- “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” – Psalm 23:4
- “The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?” – Psalm 27:1
- “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.” – Philippians 4:13
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.” – Proverbs 3:5
- “He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him.” – Psalm 126:6
- “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” – Matthew 6:33
- “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.” – Psalm 28:7
- “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” – Romans 15:13
- “For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” – Isaiah 41:13
- “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.” – Psalm 34:17
- “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” – Psalm 34:18
- “In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.” – Psalm 4:8
- “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” – Isaiah 40:29
- “But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion’s mouth.” – 2 Timothy 4:17
The Bible provides a wealth of comforting and supportive verses for those experiencing anxiety. Mediate on these day and night. Post them in your home and in your car. These verses remind us to seek comfort and guidance from God, to trust in His strength, and to have continual hope in Him. They also encourage us to seek support from others and to focus on the present moment, trusting that God will always provide for our needs. He is there, guiding and waiting for us to come to Him.
CLICK THE IMAGE TO DOWNLOAD
DON’T FORGET TO JOIN OUR DEEPLY ROOTED COMMUNITY HERE