As a busy homeschooling mom of eight, I desperately need some meals that I can throw together last minute, and that will steal satisfy all the ages. This Low Carb Parmesan Chicken Casserole does just that. I always have the ingredients on hand, so I know I can throw this together in no time at all. I love meals that can feed the masses, that look impressive, but don’t take much effort on those busy days!
Don’t forget to join our free community for more recipes, tips, meal plans and more!
LOW CARB PARMESAN CHICKEN CASSEROLE
Note: Italian blend cheese can be substituted for the parmesan and mozzarella. I sometimes add some heavy cream to this recipe to add more fat for those of us following a keto diet.
6 cups cooked chicken, cubed
1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce, divided
1 ½ cups grated parmesan cheese, divided
1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a (9×13) casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, half of the marinara, 1 cup parmesan, and 1 cup mozzarella cheese (or 2 cups Italian cheese blend.) Transfer to the casserole dish.
- Pour the remaining marinara over the top of the casserole.
- Add the remaining mozzarella in a layer over the marinara and then top with the almond flour.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Don’t forget to join our free community for more recipes, meal plans, tips and encouragement!