This post is sponsored by Stella® Cheese but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Now that Thanksgiving is over, all the focus goes towards Christmas planning, doesn’t it? And with the thought of Christmas comes all those gorgeous gourmet meals. When you are following the Keto diet, holiday meals can seem a little intimidating! I was lucky enough to find some amazing Keto Thanksgiving Recipes to enjoy and I will be scouring to do the same for Christmas.
In anticipation of Christmas gatherings, I came up with something that I can bring to any holiday and know I can eat it and others will love it too. This recipe is my version of a Keto Cauliflower and Bacon Au Gratin. I was thrilled to find various flavors of Stella cheese to elevate this dish so the gourmet chefs in the family would be pleased.
Keto Cauliflower And Bacon Au Gratin
2 heads of cauliflower
1 pound of bacon
1 can of goat’s milk (12 oz)
1 stick of butter
Approx 12 ounces of Stella Cheese, various flavors
1) Cut the cauliflower in wedges and steam. Once cool, pull apart by the stem.
2) Slice the bacon and cook in a saute pan. Reserve the bacon grease.
3) Brown the cauliflower in the reserved bacon grease.
4) Melt the stick of butter in the saute pan. Slowly pour the goat’s milk and cheese into the melted butter to create a sauce. Reduce to the desired thickness.
5) Add the chopped bacon to the pan and saute all together.
6) Cook on low until the sauce is the desired thickness and serve warm.
You really could use any kind of Stella cheese that suits you, but I chose to use a combination of Goat cheese, Fontinella and 3 Cheese Blend.
I poured the Cauliflower and Bacon dish into a casserole pan and baked it at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, until golden brown. You could omit this step, but I think it made the dish even more decadent.
What else can you think of that would be fabulous with Stella® cheese?