Hot summer days call for sweet iced tea, don’t they? However, when you are following a keto diet or even just trying to limit sugar within your family, a good sweet tea can be tricky! This sweet tea recipe is sugar free and is a hit with my whole family! My kids don’t even realize it is sugar free and they cheer when I bring out a pitcher on these gorgeous summer days! Mom win!
This sweet tea is sure hitting the spot during my pregnancy too!
SUGAR FREE SWEET TEA – KETO FRIENDLY
16 cups water, divided
4 family-sized tea bags
1 ½ cups sweetener (I use Monkfruit or Swerve)
1. Place 8 cups of water in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil.
2. Remove the saucepan from heat and add the tea bags. Cover and allow the tea to steep for 5 to 6 minutes. (Steep longer for stronger tea.)
3. Meanwhile, add an additional 8 cups of water to a gallon-sized pitcher.
4. Remove tea bags from saucepot, gently squeezing to remove the excess tea. Discard the tea bags.
5. To the saucepan, add the sweetener and stir until completely blended.
6. Pour the tea into the gallon-sized pitcher with the water. Stir to combine.
7. Cover the pitcher and refrigerate. Best if refrigerated overnight.