School may be out for some of us, but the fun and learning never stops! My kids love any sort of crafts that are related to the seasons or the upcoming holidays. This Patriotic Sensory Bottle craft is one that satisfies their need to be crafty and also has a peaceful effect on them when they play with it. Double win!
You only need a few simple supplies to make this Patriotic Sensory Bottle. They should be easy enough to find at your local craft store, but don’t be afraid to use your imagination right along with your kiddos! The possibilities are endless!
This post contains affiliate links.
PATRIOTIC SENSORY BOTTLE CRAFT FOR KIDS
1 (16 ounce) plastic storage/sensory bottle
2 to 3 (6 ounce) bottles Elmer’s Glue in clear
About 1 cup warm water
About 1 tablespoon glitter or confetti (if desired)
Toys (if desired)
For this project, we used:
- Star gem buttons
- Red glitter
- Blue glitter
- Iridescent glitter
Note: Glow in the dark glitter would also be fun!
- Empty one bottle of glue into the bottle.
- Fill the empty glue bottle about half full with warm water (about ¼ cup) and seal with the lid. Shake well to combine the remaining glue with the water. Pour into jar with glue and shake or stir to combine.
- If you are adding glitter or toys, add part of the glitter and toys into the glue mixture.
- Seal the jar and shake well. If the glitter or confetti does not move easily, add more warm water. If the glitter or confetti moves too quickly, add additional glue. Continue adding in layers with the glitter and toys until you achieve your desired effect.
- When the contents of the bottle move according to your preference, seal the bottle and glue the lid closed to avoid spills.
- If desired, cover the lid with duct tape or additional decorations.
You may also enjoy our 4TH of July Coloring Pack and our 4TH of July Copywork Pack, both perfect for your elementary kiddos!