Welcome to a brand new week, friends! I always look forward to Mondays, they are just full of fresh possibilities. Can you believe we are actually in our FINAL week of our Declutter Challenge here?! Time has flown by and my house is feeling the difference! How about you? What differences have you noticed in the last few weeks?
Last week we cleaned out the area under our bathroom sinks, so this one shouldn’t be unfamiliar.
Day 25: Under the Kitchen Sink
This space is one of those that constantly gets the overflow from our kitchen. We put things under the sink when we don’t know what else to do with it. It becomes a designated dumping ground. Let’s take back that space today…
- As usual, take everything out from under your sink. Everything.
- Clean the area and be sure there are no leaks coming from anywhere.
- Discard anything that is broken, expired, defective or no longer used.
- Return things to their proper home in the house.
- Keep only what is needed under your sink. That could mean cleaning supplies, a small trash bin, sponges and cleaning gloves. You will know what you actually need to keep.
- Determine if you can organize your supplies in labeled bins under the sink, or in a container of some sort. It will help keep the clutter controlled so things don’t end up all over the place again.
- Think outside the normal storage – could you use a magazine holder? How about a small lazy susan for your cleaning supplies? I love the idea of installing a tension rod to hang cleaning bottles.
Don’t forget to share your pictures using the hashtag #simplehomechallenge