CONFESSION: I have never been a fan of cauliflower. Ever. I have always liked broccoli, but couldn’t get into cauliflower.
In the last year or so, I have found a few recipes that have changed my mind. Cauliflower pizza crust is one of them and I have an awesome roasted cauliflower recipe. THIS IS ONE OF THOSE RECIPES. It has even been approved by my Buffalo wing loving husband, so you know it’s good!
If you are trying to eat healthier but are still craving that crunch and burst of flavor, you’ll want to try these. Give them a chance and let me know what you think!
Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
½ cup low-fat (1%) plain yogurt
2 Tbsp. crumbled blue cheese
Nonstick cooking spray
6 cups cauliflower florets
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt), divided use
½ cup hot pepper sauce
⅓ cup rice vinegar
1 Tbsp. cornstarch, gluten-free (preferably GMO free)
2 tsp. ground chili powder
¼ tsp. ground smoked paprika
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. pure maple syrup
1 tsp. olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine yogurt and cheese in a small bowl; mix well. Refrigerate until needed.
3. Lightly coat large baking sheet with spray.
4. Place cauliflower florets on baking sheet. Coat cauliflower lightly with spray. Season evenly with ¼ tsp. salt.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
6. While cauliflower is baking, combine hot sauce, rice vinegar, and cornstarch in medium saucepan; whisk until cornstarch is dissolved.
7. Add chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, maple syrup, oil, and remaining ¼ tsp. salt; whisk to blend.
8. Heat hot sauce mixture over medium-high heat; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes, or until thickened. Set aside.
9. Pour hot sauce mixture over baked cauliflower (on baking sheet); mix well.
10. Return cauliflower to oven. Bake for 5 minutes.
11. Serve hot with sauce.
Makes 6 Servings!!! On the fix?! One serving is one GREEN and 1 tsp.
KristenFebruary 21, 2020 at 10:55 am
Interesting. We have been trying cauliflower in a variety of ways (mash, rice, tots) – this might need to make an appearance on our table.