If you are looking for a quick, easy breakfast recipe that your whole family will love, I have got you covered! This Cilantro inspired Breakfast Hash is seriously so delicious I could eat it every day! And I have a feeling (most) of my family wouldn’t complain…
During this past pregnancy, the only craving I really had was for Mexican type burrito bowls and apparently that craving has continued even now that the baby is here! (Check out my Instagram for lots of squishy baby pics!) I was pretty excited when asked to partner with Simply Potatoes® and immediately had a recipe idea in mind…
Cilantro Inspired Breakfast Hash!
If you know me at all or have read anything on my blog, you likely know I am into simplifying things…from recipes to chore lists, and everything in between. I do love cooking and can spend a whole day in the kitchen if I have the time…but having the time is a whole other story! I recently had my 7th baby and we homeschool and I have this blog and another home business. Time is of the essence!
Simply Potatoes are an obvious choice for my family. I love that they are made with fresh, never frozen potatoes and I don’t have to worry about the ingredients in them. They are so easy to prepare and taste amazing. I stocked up with quite a few bags when I last went to the store! I can use them in so many different recipes, which I really appreciate.
I have a giveaway for you at the end of this post, so be sure and read on!
- One bag of Simply Potatoes® (we chose Diced Potatoes with Onions, but there are many flavors)
- 3 T butter
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 1.5 cups diced peppers ( I used red, yellow, and orange)
- 1/8 Cayenne pepper
- 1 chicken breast, cleaned and diced
- 2 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup Salsa
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the Cayenne Cream: 1/4 cup sour cream and 1/8 Cayenne tsp
- lime for garnish
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sear the Simply Potatoes as instructed on package. ( Saute the potatoes until they are just starting to crisp )
3. Add the onions and peppers to the potatoes and saute until tender, stirring as needed. Season with salt and pepper. Allow the potatoes to really brown before removing from heat.
4. In a separate skillet, melt the butter and cook off cubed chicken.
5. Add the chicken to the Simply Potatoes and veggies and mix to combine.
6. Pour the chicken/potato/veggie mix to a 9 x 13 pan.
7. Create 5 little depressed spaces in the mixture. Sprinkle cheese in each depressed area to create a bed for eggs once cracked. (5 times)
8. Crack one egg into each divot you made.
9. Carefully place in oven and bake for 14-16 minutes until eggs are set.
10. While Hash mix is finishing in the oven, place the ingredients for the Cayenne Cream in a small mixing bowl. Whisk together and additionally season to taste.
11. Garnish the hash with tablespoons of salsa and a sprinkle of cilantro. Garnish with lime if desired. Serve directly from the skillet with cream sauce on the side.
Recipe serves 6
For more amazing recipes, visit HERE!
I have partnered with Simply Potatoes to give away 3 FREE Simply Potatoes product to one special reader! All you have to do to enter the giveaway is visit the Simply Potatoes page and then leave a comment on this post! Simple, right? Good luck!
Katie BraswellDecember 14, 2017 at 9:32 am
This looks super yummy!! I’m always looking for easy breakfast dishes! I may have to add this to our Christmas morning! I’m in the market for a new Christmas morning breakfast! <3
candyDecember 14, 2017 at 10:24 am
We love trying new and different breakfast dishes. We eat them for breakfast and dinner. Adding this to our menu planner.
JulieDecember 14, 2017 at 11:06 am
Ooh that’s a yummy breakfast hash! Great recipe.
Emily @ Pizza & Pull-upsDecember 14, 2017 at 12:04 pm
This looks so good! I love cilantro!
VanessaDecember 14, 2017 at 1:43 pm
This looks so yummy! Almost anything that has cilantro, I’m here for it. My husband would love this, especially since he loves his eggs sunny side up…he also loves cilantro. Will have to try soon!
LauraDecember 14, 2017 at 2:16 pm
What a great recipe – I love using Simply potatoes for a great shortcut (who wants to peel potatoes??)
RachelDecember 14, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Oh my gosh this looks so darn good! I’m definitely making this Saturday morning!
BaileyDecember 14, 2017 at 10:38 pm
This combines two of my favorite things! I have never had cilantro for breakfast before but I can’t wait to try it!
Amy | Loving Our MessyDecember 14, 2017 at 10:53 pm
This is speaking my language! I am the biggest Mexican bowl lover! I am absolutely making this for my family.
CarleyDecember 15, 2017 at 10:24 am
This breakfast hash looks amazing. Hash is one of our all time favorites, too. We do it for breakfast (obviously) and even dinner sometimes. I’m going to have to give this a try!
bethDecember 18, 2017 at 11:03 am
They have some really great recipe ideas that I would love to try!
TimDecember 18, 2017 at 6:00 pm
They have a lot of great recipes. My favorite is the Mexican potato sausage casserole.
LindsayDecember 21, 2017 at 4:04 pm
We love Simply Potatoes in our house! So convenient for us and our crazy lives. Thanks for sharing this recipes! Definitely one I could even take to work for lunches for leftovers!.
JohanneDecember 22, 2017 at 3:30 am
This looks great! I think cilantro may be the best thing to ever happen to the world. haha.
Kimmy RipleyApril 24, 2019 at 11:14 am
This would be a very super duper delicious breakfast!