Don’t you just love the start of a new week? I think a new week brings with it so many possibilities and opportunities. I have some fun things planned with my family this week AND some fun things planned for my blogger friends on the blog! Stay tuned…but for today, we will be completing another task in our 31 Day Declutter Challenge…
Day 10: Pots and Pans
Most of us don’t even know how many pots and pans we have…which means we have too many. If you enjoy cooking and do it often, you may not actually have too many that you can get rid of. Be sure to read through this post and take a look – you likely have favorites and a few extra that you don’t use often.
- Pull out all of your pots and pans and cookware.
- Throw away any pots, pans, or casserole dishes that are broken.
- If you have any pots or pans without lids, decide if you should get rid of them or if they are in constant use.
- Donate any cookware that you have not used in the last 3 months. If you have any that you use only for a holiday, those should be stored out of the way, in a designated space.
- Think about how often you make big family meals and how many pots and pans you use at one time. Do you really need multiple frying pans?
- Consider how much space you have, and be sure you don’t need to over stack.
- If needed, purchase a pan rack for your cabinets to make storage easier.
- Don’t forget to wipe down the cabinets before you put your cookware back.
When I decluttered my pots and pans, I found I had many multiples of the same size pot. I don’t know why I kept them all for so long, since they stopped stacking nicely awhile ago! It feels so nice to have some space now and to be able to see everything I have to cook with. Now, it’s time to cook up a big family meal!
WendieJuly 11, 2016 at 12:38 pm
I wish I could say this day of the challenge will work! But I am kind of a minimalist that throws too much stuff away then wonders where it went! LOL So in this case, I have just my set of pots and pans that I love and thats it! -Wendie
terrynJuly 11, 2016 at 10:47 pm
I wish I could be that disciplined! Good for you Wendie!
ClaireJuly 11, 2016 at 11:23 pm
I’m so behind already! But I’m not giving up yet!
Brittany AshmoreJuly 12, 2016 at 1:55 am
I love this post! I just throw my pots and pans under the stove!