NO BAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BALLS
Need a quick, healthy snack for the kiddos? My kids love these and I feel good about giving them!
You can substitute almond/cashew/sunflower butter for the peanut butter, and raisins or dried cherries or cranberries for the dates.
2 cups of old fashioned rolled oats
½ cup of ground flax seed
1 tablespoon of black chia seeds
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
¾ cup of dried pitted dates
½ cup of peanut butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 scoop protein powder
¼ cup water
⅓ cup of dark chocolate chips
1. Add rolled oats, ground flax seed, chia seeds, cinnamon,
2. dried dates, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and vanilla protein powder to food processor.
3. Pulse until ingredients are blended and oats are finely chopped, almost like flour consistency. (about 7-9 times)
4. Slowly add water to the food process and blend until the mixture sticks together. You may need to add more or less water depending on your energy ball dough.
5. Add mixture to a large bowl, using your hands mix in chocolate chip.
6. Form energy bite mixture into 1″ balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
7. Serve immediately or store in air tight container in refrigerator.