BACK TO HOMESCHOOL! I love back to school season, how about you? I know we don’t typically follow the back to school calendar, but it’s still an exciting time for homeschoolers. There are always a whole bunch of back-to-school supply checklists. What about homeschoolers? Do you have a homeschool supply checklist? Or do you just fly by the seat of your pants and hope you got everything?
Today I am going to share with you some of our favorites that make our homeschool life easier. I also have a little checklist of supplies that I stock up on each year at back-to-school time. Some of these are bigger ticket items that we may have had for years, but we literally use them almost daily.
Get over 150 Fall Themed Resources for your homeschool for only $25
Here is our list of the supplies that we use regularly. You’ll find the whole list at the end of this post for your reference.
If you want to see a tour of our homeschool room, you can check it out here. It will help you visualize how we use our supplies.
This post contain affiliate links.
HOMESCHOOL SUPPLY LIST
- Paper – lined, graph, and colored construction
- 1 Subject Notebooks
- Pencils (I usually get Ticonderoga No. 2 pencils. After many years of homeschooling, I have found these are the best pencils ever – they don’t break, the lead just seems to work better than most).
- Pencil Erasers
- Pencil Boxes
- Paint & Brushes (What child doesn’t love to paint)
- Chalk and Chalkboard (mini ones are fine)
- Expo Dry Erase Markers ( we have thin and thick ones)
- Washable Crayola Markers/Crayons, etc
- Fancy Markers for lettering or drawing or art projects (We use the Tombow Dual Brush pens for hand lettering and journaling)
- Binder Rings (We have used these for numerous things, always good to have on hand).
- Page Tabs/Post It Notes ( We use these to mark pages in all our books and notebooks- literature, textbooks, teacher manuals, etc)
- Index Cards and Box (Used for many things, like vocab or math, verse memorization, games etc.).
- Wooden Craft Sticks
- Do-A-Dot Marker Set (These are great for keeping the younger ones busy! We have been fans of them for years.)
- Wall Map (I recommend getting a quality wall map, it will last you for years. We have a US map and a World map).
- Globe (We have used this globe for years and they still love it. You could get a plain globe, but I love that this one has so many educational games and activities).
- Mini Dry Erase Boards for each child (I do have one large board for the room, but each child likes to have a smaller one for their work).
- Laminator: I still can’t believe how often I use my laminator. It gets very frequent use, especially at the beginning of our school year. You could laminate at a local store if you prefer, but I have found the ease of having one at home is well worth it. This one is not expensive and has lasted us many years. I did purchase it online originally and now can pick up the refill packets at WalMart and Target.
- Hole Punch
- Printer and Ink (It will get a LOT of use, so get a decent one).
- Pencil Sharpener It is WELL worth buying a good one! (We use this one. We do have some cheap sharpeners as well, but an electric sharpener is an absolute must in our homeschool).
- Red Correcting Pencils ( I use Ticonderoga Checking Pencils to check work).
- Stapler & Staples
- File Folders
- White Board These can be pricey, but it is a necessity in our homeschool. It is literally used daily. I have a 3′ x 5′ size.
- Calendar Poster (This is held onto a cork board with small thumb tacks.)
- Fun little things for our Prize Box (When the kids finish all their schoolwork for the week without complaining, they get to pick from the prize box).
- Desktop Carousel: We have changed this up over the years, but have always had one. There are quite a few to pick from. We have also made our own at times, with a cheap bucket type thing and glass jars inside (mason jars or old peanut butter jars) to organize our supplies. I keep the majority of our supplies in here so everyone can share.
- Homeschool Planner – this is a printable planner I use year after year to keep me organized
I think that about sums up our homeschool supply list! It seems like a lot, but some of these things we do not have to buy every year. You can find notebooks and folders on sale during the summer for just cents, and stock up! Same goes for crayons and markers and things like that. We do have some other items in our homeschool, but these are the things I consider must haves.
*** I would love to connect on Instagram if you are over there! It’s such a great community of homeschool moms and I am always sharing homeschool tips and curriculum choices. ***
Here is a quick reference list of the supplies I mentioned, for your ease. Let me know if you think I missed anything that you find to be a must in your homeschool!
- Scotch Laminator and refill pouches
- Frixion Erasable Pens
- Pencil Grips
- Desktop Carousel
- Ticonderoga Pencils
- Ticonderoga Red Marking Pencils
- Expo Dry Erase Markers
- Do A Dot Markers
- Tombow Dual Brush Pens
- Scissors (5 Pack)
- Elmer’s Glue Sticks
- Scholastic Wall Calendar
- Post-It Sticky Flag Tabs
- Crayola Twistable Crayons
- Bic Mechanical Pencils
- Craft Sticks
- Tempera Paint
- Butcher Paper Rolls
- Sharpie Highlighters
- Smart Globe Discovery
You may also find these posts helpful in your planning: