Welcome back! I know yesterday’s task of organizing paperwork was a bit much, I really do. However, it is a necessary evil, and now it done! I loved seeing the pictures you all posted yesterday- you have some great ideas! Let’s keep the momentum going…
Today’s task is going to be quick and simple. We are going into our kitchen cabinets to organize all those LIDS AND COVERS.
Day 2: LIDS AND COVERS
This might be something you hardly ever think about, since it is likely hidden well and ignored. But I’m telling you, every little bit of organization counts! Your drawers and cabinets only have so much real estate, so in order to make the best use of that…you need to get rid of the excess.
- Even though we are only tackling our lids and covers today, I want you to take everything out of the cabinets where they are stored.
- There is no point in putting things back in a dirty place, so grab a rag and do a wipe down of those cabinets.
- Locate all of your covers for your pots and pans, and make sure they each have a match. If you have an extra cover with no matching pot, you don’t need it. Get rid of it now!
- Do the same thing with all your plastic lids. If they do not fit on a container, you do not need them!
- Be sure to look for any broken items, excess items, or items you just don’t need anymore. Remember, the goal here is to keep less!
- Now make sure everything you put back in your cabinets has a place. There are some great wire racks and shelving you can use to organize your covers if you want that. I have enough space where I can keep each lid with each pot or pan and still see everything in my cabinets.
This should only take you 10-15 minutes. If it takes much longer, that may be a sign to purge some of those extra lids and covers!