Now that your bathroom counters are clean and decluttered, we are going to move on down…we are decluttering that space under our bathroom sinks today.
Day 20: Under bathroom Sink
There are a few things we need to keep in mind when decluttering under our bathroom sinks. The first is safety – if you keep any cleaning products under the sink, you’ll need to have proper storage so kids and pets can’t get to them. The other thing to remember is that this area can be moist, so you shouldn’t store any items that can get damaged if wet.
- As always, clear out everything from under your sink. Be sure to have a trash can nearby.
- Put away any items that don’t belong in the bathroom.
- Go through all your items and toss anything that is broken, that doesn’t “do the job” anymore, or that you haven’t used in the last couple months.
- Be sure to keep only those items that you use and love. If you have a straightener that you paid a fortune for, but haven’t used it in a year, what good is it doing taking up space?
- Do you have multiples of items that you can’t possibly go through? Keep your favorites, toss the rest.
- It is a good idea to keep a small trash can under your sink if you have the space. Small bins and drawers work well under the sink to control the clutter.
- Put items back in an organized way, labeled if possible.