We are spending a few days in the bathrooms of our homes this week. The bathroom is usually one of the busiest and smallest room in the house, so it is imperative that we declutter and organize that space. We live in a ranch style house with only one bathroom for eight people. If I don’t keep the bathroom free of clutter, I will find myself going crazy. We will soon be building an additional bathroom, but for now I need to do the best with what I have.
Day 19: Bathroom Counter
- Gather all items from your bathroom counters. Wipe down counters so you have a clean surface.
- Throw away any items you no longer use, or that have broken.
- Most things do not have to remain on your counters. Think about putting items in drawers or labeled bins in your linen closet. Hair accessories are a good thing to keep in small bins in drawers.
- Decide on an organizational system for items that need to remain on your counter. I have found that Mason jars work really well for keeping smaller, loose items organized on my counter. I make sure to label them and keep them clean.
- I also have a beautiful tray that I keep on my counter to hold perfumes and such toiletries.
- Consider your wall space – can you clear things off your counter and mount things on walls? Soap dispensers and toothbrush holders work well mounted on walls.
- If you can’t use mounted holders, a shelf may work well. You can put those Mason jars on a shelf and clear even more space off your counters.
What other tips can you give us to keep the clutter off your bathroom counters?