These dark chocolate flourless brownie muffins are delicious and surprisingly healthy. I make these every once in awhile as a treat for my family and the kids love them! They have NO idea what is in them and I love it! We are gluten free due to some people having allergies in our family, but I also prefer to be low carb in general. I have fond that my body responds better and feels better when I keep my carbs low and my healthy fat high. I try not to eat a lot of beans either, but these are good every once in awhile.
Flourless Brownie Muffins
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or coating with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Place chickpeas, eggs, maple syrup, cocoa powder, baking soda, coconut oil, and extract in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Divide batter among 12 prepared muffin cups.
- Top each muffin with about four chocolate chips; push into batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 47 mg
Sodium: 179 mg
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 12 g
Protein: 4 g