Fall is my favorite season for ALL the reasons!
The smells, the colors, the recipes, the activities….I just can’t get enough of all things fall.
This savory apple crisp recipe is one of my family favorites…While I wouldn’t call it healthy, it is a healthier version of a favorite fall treat that you just have to make!
- 4 cups peeled sliced apples
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup, divided use
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided use
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats (we use gluten free)
- ¼ cup finely chopped raw walnuts or pecans
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Combine apples, 2 Tbsp. maple syrup, and ½ tsp. cinnamon in a medium baking dish; mix well. Set aside.
Combine oats, walnuts, remaining 1 Tbsp. maple syrup, and remaining ½ tsp. cinnamon in a medium bowl; mix well.
Top apple mixture with oat mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until apples are soft.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 2 mg
Carbohydrates: 29 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 17 g
Protein: 3 g