When I started sharing more of my Bible study habits over on Instagram, I had women constantly ask me to recommend a Bible for them. I am more than happy to do that…help women spend time in the Word? Absolutely. That prompted me to write a post for you about my favorite Bibles for women. These are Bibles I recommend for women of all ages, depending on their life circumstances. Read through these recommendations, click to visit a few and I’m sure you’ll find a Bible you will love.
These Bibles are designed specifically for women to help in finding inspiration, encouragement, guidance and wisdom throughout Scripture.
This post contains affiliate links.
MY FAVORITE BIBLES FOR WOMEN
You are likely already familiar with She Reads Truth. It is a beautiful community that encourages women to get into their Bibles and bring truth to their daily lives. The She Reads Truth Bible aims to live at the intersection of beauty, goodness, and Truth. This Bible features devotionals by the She Reads Truth team, and Scripture reading plans that include supplemental passages for deeper understanding,
- Almost 200 devotionals
- 66 artist-designed key verses
- 35 full-color timelines
- 20 full-color maps
- 11 full-color charts
- Reading plans for every book of the Bible
- One-year Bible reading plan
- Detailed book introductions
- Key verse list
Sixty-Six Books. One Story. All About One Name.
I have wanted The Jesus Bible for quite a while. What a beautiful way to read Scripture! I have not seen many Bibles like this. Encounter the living Jesus in all of Scripture. Jesus is lifted up throughout this whole Bible as the lead story of the Bible.
Profound yet accessible study features help you meet Jesus throughout Scripture. See him in every book so that you may know him more intimately, love him more passionately, and walk with him more faithfully.
- 66 book introductions highlight the story of Jesus in every book
- Seven compelling essays on the grand narrative of Scripture by Louie Giglio, Max Lucado, John Piper, Ravi Zacharias, and Randy Alcorn guide you to treasure Jesus and encourage you to faithfully follow him as you participate in his story
- Over 300 full-page articles and nearly 700 sidebar articles reveal Jesus throughout all of Scripture
- Single-column text of the most widely read modern-English Bible—the New International Version (NIV)
- Room for notes and journaling throughout
Do you seek stillness and inspiration in your quiet time? The NIV Journal the Word Bible for Women guides you through God’s precious Word with reflections and thought-provoking questions placed beside Scripture. Explore God’s Word for you and express your heart in the wide margins with room for responses, journaling, and artistic expression. This beautiful Bible was just released in October of this year.
- Over 500 reflective journaling prompts carefully crafted to equip you to contemplate Scripture
- Full-text of the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV)
- Presentation page for personalizing and gift giving
- Beautiful page design
- Subject index of journaling prompts
The CSB (in)courage Devotional Bible combines the beauty and wisdom of God’s Word with supportive devotional features. Explore “Stories of Courage”- stories of 50 women in the Bible; be inspired by 312 insightful devotions by 122 (in)courage community writers. Experience Scripture in new ways in the company of women willing to “go first” and share everyday stories that bear witness to God’s grace!
(in)courage is another beautiful online community of women. It offers a space to breathe, loving support, and resources for meaningful connection.
- 312 Devotions by 122 (in)courage community writers
- 10 Bible Reading Plans
- 66 Book Introductions
- “Stories of Courage” from 50 women of the Bible
- Journaling space
The CSB Study Bible for Women is one of the most comprehensive study Bibles ever prepared for women by women. Specialized study notes are thoughtfully woven throughout pointing women to God’s larger story and allowing the Holy Spirit to write His revealed truths on their hearts. In the CSB Study Bible for Women, you’ll join a host of other women, all academically trained in the original languages of the Bible, who are passionate about God’s Word, for a deep dive into Scripture that will equip you to unlock the riches and majesty of His Word and mentor others in your life to do the same.
- Two-column text
- Extensive commentary notes
- Over 500 word studies
- 78 Biblical womanhood articles
- Over 100 character profiles
- “Written on My Heart” applications
- Extensive book introductions
If you are new to Bible Journaling, or just want to be creative during your quiet time, you will want to check out this new Bible. The NIV Beautiful Word Coloring Bible features hundreds of ready-to-color illustrated verses throughout, along with journal space for your own prayers, notes, and vibrant artistic creations.
- Hundreds of Bible verses illustrated in ready-to-color line art
- Full text of the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version
- Thicker white paper reduces see-through
- Lined, wide margins for notes, reflections and art
- Beautifully designed printed page edges
You may be familiar with some of Elizabeth George’s books already. If you are, you will appreciate this Bible. In the A Woman After God’s Own Heart Bible, NKJV, devotions by Elizabeth George are fully integrated with a daily reading plan that leads you on the same journey of daily spiritual growth and life change that Elizabeth has been on for the past 30 years.
- Over 250 highlighted verses that have most impacted Elizabeth’s spiritual walk
- Over 150 biographies of well-known–and not so well-known–women of the Bible
- Introductions to every book of the Bible to help you approach the text
- Twenty-five full-page topical reflections on life’s challenges
- 400 brief whispers of practical wisdom for daily life
The Woman’s Study Bible is a priceless treasure, poignantly revealing the Word of God to a woman’s heart. With special notes and features appealing to women’s interests, highlighting women throughout Scripture, and capturing the unique ways Christ cared for women, this Bible truly speaks to a woman’s heart.
- More than 100 character portraits of women in the Bible
- More than 300 articles on topics for women
- Hundreds of insightful quotes by inspiring women throughout history
This was the first Study Bible that I ever had, and I still love it today. The Life Application Study Bible contains notes that not only explain difficult passages and give information on Bible life and times, but go a step further to show you how to “take it personally,” as God’s Word speaks to every situation and circumstance of your life.
- Nearly 10,000 Life Application Study Tools
- Life Application Notes
- Nearly 100 Contributors, and several Bible scholars
- Book Introductions that are application oriented, and focus on each book’s themes
- Extensive Profiles Of Bible Figures
- Harmony Of The Gospels
I hope this list helps you choose a Bible you love! I would love to know which one you choose- tell me in the comments or find me on Instagram.
We also have an online community for women where we can talk about what we are studying, journaling, or learning in the Bible! We would love to have you join us HERE!