Welcome back ladies! A couple days ago, we decluttered the top of our fridge, and now we are going inside. I don’t know about you, but this is needed almost on a weekly basis for me. With a large family and lots of little hands going in the fridge daily, it seems an insurmountable task to keep the fridge uncluttered and organized. I do the best I can and try to train my littles in the how and why we are keeping things in the fridge in a certain way.
Day 28: Inside the Fridge
- I am so glad you all know the first step at this point! Clean out everything in your fridge, top to bottom.
- Wipe and disinfect the insides completely – doors, drawers, shelves and everything in between.
- Throw away anything that has gone bad, is past the expiration date, has been unopened and therefore lost flavor.
- The most important thing we can do here is store food properly. This may mean finding containers (glass or plastic) that can be sealed to keep your food fresh. You can also use plastic zippered bags to keep your leftovers portioned out correctly.
- I find it helpful to label everything that goes sin our fridge with a name and a date. This helps anyone in the family know which foods to use first.
- I have also labeled my drawers and little bins in my fridge so everyone in the family knows where the food goes. This helps prevent food from being lost and forgotten in the back of the fridge.
- Try to make this task a habit and complete it weekly. I declutter my fridge every week on trash day.